Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A random memory along a strasse in Berlin

In 1998, I was walking down a busy street in Berlin. It was my second day there, and the first opportunity I had to walk around and take photos, as I love to do.

As I approached a corner, four guys on bicycles approached. They all wore multi-colored spandex so familiar with heavy-duty bike riders. One comes up to me, and in a thick West Coast US accent says to me:

"Dude! You know where [Whatever]-Strasse is, dude?"

"I'm from the States, too. I have no idea."

He turned to his pals and yelled, "Dudes! This dude dosen't know where the Strasse is either, dudes!"

With that he turned to me and said, "Hey, thanks, Dude!" And then he took off with his pals.

Which reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEr8SYqTc3s

No comments:

Post a Comment